Some questions for Christian Reiki practitioners
(For background information on Reike and its dangeous spiritual consequences, please see The Cross and the Veil)
- 1. Is Reiki ordered towards the "building up of the Church"?
- 2. Is Reiki a gift given by the Holy Spirit, or a practiced skill attainable by all by their own volition?
- 3. Are your "shepherds" (Bishops) in full knowledge and consent of your practice of Reiki?
- 4. Can you derive the sense of value of the Reiki you practice exclusively by its results?
- 5. Is Reiki a power that you control?
- 6. Does Reiki purport to "control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"?
Does Reiki have "distinctive qualities that produce unaccountable or baffling effects"?
Can Reiki be described as "seemingly requiring more than human power; imposing or startling in performance; producing effects which seem supernatural or very extraordinary; having extraordinary properties"? (These are the definitions of "magic")
- 7. Does a Reiki treatment involve invitation of the patient to belief in Christ?
- 8. Does it require a plea based on faith in Christ?
- 9. Does it bear witness to the Gospel?
- 10. Is Reiki ordered towards freeing the recipient from the bondage of sin?
- 11. Does Reiki teach that there is any value in suffering, any participation in selfless love or unconditional giving?
- 12. Can Reiki help to bring about a "victory over sin and death"?
With thanks to skoobuoy (Jeff Zimmerman) for permission to publish.
mirror of 404 webpage
Refutation of the New Age Movement
Holy Spirit Watch